Sunday, September 27, 2009

Talking 'bout Books



last week was spent reading ‘eat, pray, love’ by Elizabeth Gilbert (book club next Tuesday)
This week I have a pile to read – from the library, just begun ‘Humble Pie’ autobiography by Gordon Ramsey,
I’ve dipped into ‘Money Saving Meals’ by Phillippa Sandall & Diane Temple, two aussies, &
‘grow your own fruit & veg in plot, pots or growbags’ by Steve Ott, Emma Rawlings & Roxanne Warwick (UK so upside down seasons etc),
‘The Chocolate Lovers’ Club’ by Carole Marhews,
‘The Gardens of Covington’ by Joan Medlicott, (which I thought I had read but the library said I hadn’t. My list at home says I have!! We shall see. ).
On loan from S ‘Watching the English’ by Kate Fox (The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour),
and ‘Seeing Things’ by patti hill which arrived in my postbox & I wondered where it had come from. The post label said ‘Religious Book’ from US cost of post US$10 76 . Then I remembered it was a book to review from the Library Thing that I had put in a request for!!!
So there we have it, much to read, gardening to do, maybe some fiddling with cooking, blogs to catch up on, not to mention other stuff like ‘housework’………
Warm day today, some rain next week – good time for seeding as going into 1st quarter moon. Check here.
Watched the Emmies last night & had a laugh at a comedian who announced that utube, twitter & face book have merged & have a web site called “Youtwitface”.

Ebony wants to say "Hi".

2 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Sounds as though you have a busy week ahead!
Ebony is obviously enjoying those rays of sunshine.

Blue
x

Anonymous said...

Be interested in your thoughts on Eat, Pray, Love, Angie - I've got it sitting in my bookcase waiting to be read.