'A fire sparked by an unattended candle destroyed a home in Yanchep overnight. Firefighters were call to Brazier Road about 10.30 pm where a house was engulfed in flames. It took about 12 firefighters from Osborne Park, Yanchep, Joondalup and Butler three hours to extinguish the blaze. A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the fire caused $150,000 damage.' Taken from the West Australian Newspaper. My photo. Owen (Takka) was not at home at the time. He has lost all his art work along with everything else. Devastating. I heard the fire trucks go past last night but smelt no smoke so knew it wasn't a bush fire.
Yesterday at Yanchep Lagoon. Today the sky was blue.
When you swim in the ocean you can sometimes come across things that bite & sting, like stingers, little fish, crabs etc but today I was stung by a BEE who somehow got under my bathers. Thank goodness friends were there to get the sting out!
Yanchep (north of Perth), Western Australia, Australia
Welcome to my blog about day to day living on the coast of Western Australia. An eclectic mix of things that make life interesting.
Born Brighton, Sussex UK arrived Western Australia 1969 never turned back.