Thursday, January 09, 2014

Artist friend house gutted in fire.

'A fire sparked by an unattended candle destroyed a home in Yanchep overnight. Firefighters were call to Brazier Road about 10.30 pm where a house was engulfed in flames. It took about 12 firefighters from Osborne Park, Yanchep, Joondalup and Butler three hours to extinguish the blaze. A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the fire caused $150,000 damage.' Taken from the West Australian Newspaper. My photo.
Owen (Takka) was not at home at the time. He has lost all his art work along with everything else. Devastating. I heard the fire trucks go past last night but smelt no smoke so knew it wasn't a bush fire.

No comments: