Thursday, January 28, 2010

True Colours Thursday - PUCE



Not an easy colour to find so this is as close as I can get. The glass vase holds a plant that creeps, not sure of the name. The image behind is 'Regeneration' one of my digital images, printed on canvas.
There are some more PUCES (that doesn't sound right!) on the True Colours page. Click here


Found this on the web:

THE PUCE POEM:

Oh what is the use
of the color named puce?
So often called mauve
But never chartreuse

Overlooked and ignored
Hardly every adored
It sits and it waits
All pointless and bored

Not magenta, not pink
Nor rose I would think
But something between
Not a shade, but a fink

Then a webmaster sage
While programing a page
He types 'CC8899'
To make puce all the rage

"I'm useful, I'm wanted!"
"I don't have to feel haunted!"
"For somebody needs me."
The happy puce flaunted

"What?!" The webmaster spits
"Is my screen having fits?"
"This color is vile, and not what I want"
And so 'delete', he then hits.

3 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Love the composition of the photo - you have PUCE spot and had to LOL @ the poem.

Sam said...

I agree with the webmaster, it should be called "puke" not "puce"!

Stephanie V said...

I very much admire that digital image. And the contrast between that and the flowing lines of the plant are interesting for the eye. Nice.
The poem just made me laugh. When I was a much (much) younger reader, I associated puce with fleas. No idea why.