Sunday, March 14, 2010

Plots & Books

I missed putting up a post yesterday - 1st time for over a year. Plotting for a Food Garden took a back seat, Friday the temperature reached 41deg, everything wilted including me!!!
Thank goodness it was only 30 on Saturday for the Festival, very humid.



Big crowd, long queues for food, drinks & toilets. I sold 3 calenders & a dozen postcards - no artwork. I bought 3 pots of Cacti & 3 bottles of local Olive Oil so spent more than I made!!!
The Band 'The Doo Daddies' were fantastic. Pretty Baby here recorded in 2008



Talking 'bout Books: finished reading 'Falling' by Elizabeth Jane Howard, an unusual novel, which I'm not sure whether I liked! I will have to read more of her writing.
Still dipping into & enjoying 'Plenty' (Digressions on Food) by Gay Bilson, not a recipe book but a life story beautifully written on cooking & dining & gardening & life.
Began 'The Sound of One Hand Clapping' by Richard Flanagan is about "the underbelly of Australia, the barbarism of Europe, and the destiny of those in the country beyond hope who seek to redeem themselves through love."

1 comment:

Stephanie V said...

Local olive oil...how nice that must be to get! Looks like everyone had fun.